The current legislation does not allow merchants to give change on payment orders (luncheon vouchers, traveller’s check…).
That’s why issuing an asset on payment orders is really useful.
When the ticket amount is lower than your customer’s payment order, then your POS system is issuing an asset on payment order that your customer can use later.
If you don’t want to issue an asset, the app will automatically generate an overpayment for the higher amount of the ticket.
It’s a good way to retain your customers. Let’s see how to set up this functionality.
Configuration and setup
- Click on Data > Assets
- Enable Asset management on the desired means of payment
- Define if these assets may be used on :
– All your points of sale : if you have several stores and points of sale, your client can use his asset on each of them
– Only at the point of sale of issue : your client may use his asset only at the point of sale from which it was issued
- Set up the number of validity days of your asset
Once the date of validity exceeded, the asset will no longer be usable by your client, except exception and permission on your part
- Click on Validate
Your assets are now configured !
Info : in order to be able to issue an asset, tou must activate one of the luncheon mean of payment on your cash register (Lunch voucher…). To know how to activate them, please go to the section Activating a mean of payment.
In order to know how to use the assets on your cash register, go to the section Use of luncheon vouchers assets.
The asset history is quickly and easily accessible from your Backoffice.
From the main screen, click on Data > Assets > History tab (at the top of the screen).
The assets are displayed with different colours according to their status :
- White : corresponds to the assets issued and unused
- Green : corresponds to the used assets
- Red : corresponds to the assets issued but expired (Validity date exceeded)
From this screen, you can also view the original ticket from which the asset has been issued and also reprint it by clicking on See the ticket.